Year 4 Sneak Peek
Welcome to year 4, we have got an exciting, busy year ahead!
Our topics for the year are as follows:
Autumn: Staying Alive & Hinduism
Spring: Murder, Mystery and Marching – The Romans
Summer: Pyramid Power – The Egyptians
Throughout the year the children in class 4 will also have the opportunity to take part in lots of exciting enrichment activities including: Taster lessons in different sports, Photography, Specialist music lessons and much more.
- Please ensure all items of school uniform and or PE kits are named!
- Children should have their reading book and record in school every day so that we can record their guided reading sessions and any 1:1 support they receive in school.
- Children in year 4 will receive 1 piece of maths homework and one piece of topic related homework to do each week. This will be sent home on a Thursday with their Spellings and should be returned to school on a Tuesday. Spelling tests take place on a Tuesday morning.
- All children should know their times tables up to 12 x 12 by the end of year 4. Please practice with your children at home regularly to help them achieve this goal!
- PE Kits should be in school every day.
- Don’t forget to take your water bottle home to wash regularly!
If you have any concerns, however small, please make an appointment to see me immediately via the School Office or by speaking to me before or after school at the classroom door.
Please look at our Hindu day pictures (Click to enlarge)