Welcome to the Marshside Primary PFA page
Our PFA is a registered charity and the name of the school’s Parents and Friends Association (PFA), often known as a PTA. It is run by a committee of dedicated volunteers. The registered charity number is 1017342.
Recently a new committee has been elected and we are grateful for all the hard work and effort from previous committee members and volunteers.
The PFA have raised thousands of pounds in previous years which has been spent on equipment and resources to enhance our children’s education experience and the school’s facilities. Funds are spent on the ‘extras’ that are not provided by the school’s budget, thus making our children’s learning experiences so much more fulfilling and exciting.
We try to organise events which are inclusive and accessible to everyone. Our aim is to make these as fun as possible for you all. We are always happy to listen to suggestions, comments or requests from parents, carers, school staff and most importantly the children of Marshside Primary School.
If there are any events you would like to see organised or if you have any other ideas for future fundraising, please speak to any PFA member or one of our class representatives. You can leave comments in the PFA red folder at the front office or contact us via our email address which is email@example.com
Some of our events are more about enhancing the children’s and parents’ experience of school and less about fundraising. If you have any ideas about what you would like to see purchased in the future, please let us know.
Over the past few years, we have helped the school by providing:
- Money towards school trips
- Christmas decorations, lights and items to build Santa a fabulous new grotto
- New sheds for Reception class & the after school club for storage
- A reading book for all new Reception children, plus money towards other books
- Year 6 leaving gifts & drinks for parties
- Playground equipment – sports packs
- New lights for productions in school
- Electronic reader
- Electronic notebooks
- Transport to events
- Funding for curriculum enrichment days
- Coach fares
- A new stage for performances
- Sound and vision system for the hall
- Kitchen equipment / popcorn machine
- Dyslexia resources
We hope to purchase a lot more in the future too and we will keep you posted.
Without you, there is no us. Please keep supporting us in any way you can whether it’s attending one of our meetings, helping at an event or just simply giving us your ideas. Thank you.