The Pupil Premium is allocated to children from low-income families who are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (FSM) in both mainstream and non-mainstream settings, children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months and children from Services families. This also includes any pupils eligible for FSM at any point in the last six years.
Schools are free to spend their Pupil Premium as they see fit. However, we will be held to account for how we have used the additional funding to narrow the gap for these targeted pupils. We are required to publish online how we have used the premium. This is to ensure that parents and other stakeholders are made fully aware of the impact of this additional resourcing on learning and achievement outcomes within our school.
Please contact us to check if your child is eligible and how to take the next steps.
- Half termly school monitoring of pupil progress data and progress review meetings
- Progress data analysis by subject leaders
- Termly monitoring by the Governing Body, Academic Outcomes Committee
- Regular monitoring of attendance and persistent absence
- Capture of pupil and parent voice linked to achievement but also linked to wider curriculum initiatives (such as sporting provision and after school provision)
- Pupil voice interviews and surveys
- Strategies will be reviewed annually during July.